7.14.2007

Do the do...Hair-do that is


I know it was the 80's and everything, but seriously mom. What was going through your mind? I would have loved to hear the conversation between you and the hair stylist: "For my daughter Katie, I would like a mix between a mushroom-bowl cut and a mullet. For my daughter Chrissy, she is a little too young for that, so lets just stick with the mushroom-bowl cut all around." This just makes me laugh. We had a series of funky 80's hairstyles growing up that we cringe about now, but really add some extra spice to our home videos and photos! My dad recently converted all of our home videos onto DVDs and made copies for all of us kids. The other night we were watching one of them and Katie's hair was amazing. We were laughing so hard, there were tears. I will remember Katie's style in this picture for Naomi when her hair gets long enough for a first cut. I have a new name for it. "Lloyd in the front, Harry in the back" (those of you that are Dumb and Dumber fans)! Haha. We were sure cute little girls though. I pulled this picture off of my cousin's blog. It's me (in the middle), Katie (to the left) and Sara (to the right) at the Beach House many.....many....many years ago. Good times.

8 comments:

Katie said...

I had to check this out after Luke told me about it today. So classic of the 80s. I especially enjoyed the supposed conversation between your mom and the hairdresser. My sister's and I could probably put up a mean fight though w/ our hairstyles as well. I'd love to see the pictures from Friday...katejill27@aol.com. It was so fun, as always. We had to take a raincheck on the banana boats so we will for sure need to do it again.

Danielle said...

wow you guys were so blond!! Um also, that is the funniest thing ever!! So cute! So fashion forward--at such a tender young age;)

jenn said...

Chrissy, I'm lovin' the tongue action for the camera! I wonder what we are doing to our kids that they are going to look back on and say "mom, what was going through your mind!" ... love it :")

Jessica Kettle said...

Oh my gosh how funny!I love the Lloyd in front Harry in back analogy. SOOOO true! You were such a cute little girl! And don;t feel bad about your bowl cut, I had very poofy bangs. And a perm. eeeeeew.

Katie said...

I have to say, despite the wack hair dos we were super cute kids! Check out the tans!

Anonymous said...

I am dying over the hair! At least you had hair...at that age I still just had scary wispies so my mom had to do a hideous combover type style...not good.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy I swear I had the same bowl cut also, I think my mom even curled it under! hahaha... oh well!

Danielle said...

ps. I listened to your playlist all the way through yesterday while I was sewing. I really liked it! Anyway I added you to my blog list. hope its ok.