6.04.2007
BBQ
Tonight we had a fun BBQ with the Williams duo as well as the Asays. Naomi loves Brittany and just has a natural way with babies, so it was fun to get a little break! Kelly and Rachelle are due with their first baby August 7th, so we are excited for Naomi to have a little buddy! On a random note since we were talking about this tonight, I have been wanting to put Naomi in her crib now and retire the moses basket and swing for nights, but I am scared to death. I just feel like I am abandoning her and I won't be able to hear if she is ok or not. So my sleep may not improve either way! When is a good time to move on?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I know the stress...I don't think I slept the first few nights we moved her out of our room. I think she was almost 3 months when we put her in the crib. But honestly...You'll love it! Take your time though. Oh - and Luke may have a secret talent as a hairdresser as shown in the picture below. I especially love how it's up in the middle and matted down on the sides. Trendsetter :)
Oh my gosh I went through the same thing with Max! I had a total meltdown over it. But Max was two months when we put him in his crib. It was really hard at first, but we slept much better. I was told that around two months is the perfect time to make the transition because after that, they are more aware of their surroundings and the change may be more difficult for them. Go for it! You will be glad you did. Also- maybe try putting her in her crib for naps for a few days- that's what we did.
Ok, so we started Rowan out in his crib from the first day we brought him home so I don't know what a transition would be like, but if you can, invest in a camera monitor. They are about $100 from Target or Babies R Us and you hang the camera above the crib. The monitor has a screen so you can see them all night long!! It has sound too so you can hear them. It was the greatest thing for me. I could not have left him in that room alone without it. Whatever you do though, she will be just fine. She is such a good baby, and so beautiful! Let's get together for lunch soon! I'd love to see her... She's changing every day!
I agree, get the baby in the crib ASAP! We started trying to get Bennett to sleep in the crib after like three weeks. It is seriously heaven when they aren't sleeping in your room. You will sleep 100x better! (even though I miss him sometimes)
I have to tell you that I had to steal some of your songs, they are so much fun.
Good luck moving her. I do the mini co-sleeper and have loved it with my last two kids. I can't imagine getting up to nurse. I do about 50-50 with nursing until I crash and putting them in the sleeper. I moved my kids around 5 months. Everyone is different. You will find something that works for you.
Hey, Does Luke have any connections to chinese speaking jobs? Paul is looking for something new. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks again for some fun new music.
Yes, you need to put her in her crib right away. IT will help the both of you out. I put carter in his crib after one week. He slept so well when he was in his bed and I slept better. I was waking up to ever little move and noise he would make when he slept in our room. It will save you and let you get some sleep if she sleeps in her crib. I just had a monitor in my room so I could hear him cry. I know what you mean though when you say you feel like you are abandoning her. Its a little empty feeling that first night when you and the baby are in separate rooms but you will quickly get used to it. Good Luck with that! I also need to come and stop by sometime I am in Ladera.
Post a Comment