11.24.2008

Finally!


Saturday night Luke and I actually got to spend some time together! He has been very busy working lately, so it was nice that my parents played with Naomi for the night. We met up with some friends at CPK (you can kind of see the girls in the pic behind my huge belly), then Luke and I hit up Twilight.
It was better than expected! I was expecting the cheese and the bad acting, so I was pleasantly surprised that at least Edward and Bella were decent. I thought they were mostly well casted, whether they could act or not. Alice and Jasper were casted well (even though Jasper looks constipated the whole movie), but I thought Rosalie was not a pretty blonde. That actress looks SO much better as a brunette, so she did not live up to the "most beautiful person alive" description of her character at all.
I love some of the music in the film and love even more that Edward's character, Robert Pattinson, wrote some of it. All in all, it was just a fun and not very serious flick that is always loved and appreciated in my life. Luke thought it wasn't too bad either. I am sure he would have chosen to watch the new Bond or something, but luckily I have a husband who would sacrifice his free night to spend time with me!

6 comments:

julie said...

well, you stole my next blog pic... the one on my camera is pretty much the same :) such a fun night!! i really do love getting together with you girls/guys! can't wait to start the movie marathon... buffy or lost boys or from dusk till dawn hmmmm, tough decision. xo

Audrey Crisp said...

I'm glad you liked it! I totally agree about rosalie!!! She looks so much more beautiful as a brunette! I'm going to see it this week! You look cute preggers btw! Looks like you had a fun night! That is awesome luke went with you to see it! Besides, I heard the new bond movie was dissapointing! That might make him happy he went with you to Twilight! Haha!

Katie Waldron said...

Ditto!!! I'm so happy to hear something positive about the movie. I've seen it twice now and I just loved it too. It's just a fun movie! Everyone is taking it so serious! :) I mean what could be better than our own imaginations... people are setting the standard pretty high! ;)

PS - Congrats on baby boy! So excited for you.

Daniel and Sara said...

Did the girls start screaming every time Jacob or Edward came on the screen? I thought I was going to have to kill myself if they screamed the whole movie through!

Anonymous said...

how cute is your belly! I think we are going to have to it up the movie this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more.....I loved when the music finally started and got the mood going. I am so proud of Luke for going. How fun. I can't wait for Adam to see it so he will know what I am talking about when I ramble on so. :)