
Today my manly man Luke took me to see Legally Blonde at the Performing Arts Center. I loved the guy that played Emmett and the UPS character had me laughing so hard I cried on several occasions. The music was catchy and very funny at times. All in all, a very entertaining and fun show!

We had an awesome and much needed relaxing day. Just me and Luke. The way it used to be. I did miss our little ones, but luckily Grant did ok, especially since he refused to eat anything. Little stinker. It is so nice to be married to my best friend who can enjoy the occasional theater show. There is no one I'd rather go with, so I am glad that we can share these experiences together. Even though he was missing the BYU AND the Angel game, he seemed genuinely excited about having a day date at the theater with me! Second row, no kids, scantily clad girls dancing while getting sports updates.... What could make for a better Saturday afternoon? Thanks to my parents for sharing their tickets with us and watching our babies!




8 comments:
good times. it's always nice to get out by yourselves. that looks like a fun show!
I am so jealous you got to see it... I wanted to see it in NYC last January but it closed a couple weeks before our trip. What a fun date!! PS Tell G not to be jealous of Indy boyfriend. Elle practices the different zip code rule so she'll be ready to get her date on with G when we are in town.:>
So very glad you guys were able to enjoy some much needed one on one time. We loved having you visit and can't wait to see you in Oct. This every other month visit could be habit forming:} Hug and kiss the little ones for me. One day Grant is just going to ask for a steak! Hopefully he starts on baby food soon Chrissy so you can have some rest. Love to all of you.
Fun date! Hey, I was thinking about your last post and I have one tiny suggestion regarding the 20 min. naps. Argh! Have you heard of the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"? When I was in Irvine all the young moms swore by it, and when I had kids (finally) I picked it up. They were right. It is soooooo helpful in understanding sleep patterns and tips to get the kids to sleep. Anyway, it's saved my sanity. Just a thought from one tired mama to another.
p.s. Is it weird that I'm having babies at the same time my Laurels are? Kind of, huh.
That is so great that you have family around to watch the kiddos so you can get out once in a while. And what a fun show! I am glad you got to see it. :) Luv, Jeffi
Jono and I saw it when we were in New York. We thought it was pretty funny and entertaining too! Such a fun date! Its so nice to get out and have a little one on one hubby time!
a day alone with no kids!? how exciting! and i'm jealous. i think it will be awhile before that happens for us.
sooooooooooo glad to hear about luke and work!!!!
My friend sent me this article and I thought of you...who knew this was so common?
Post a Comment