She knows how to keep things interesting around here, that's for sure.

Luke is currently in China and I am a nervous wreck at night alone with just the kids. At 1 this morning, I woke up to my bedroom door slowly opening. My mind raced as I realized my situation:
"Is this how I am going to die then?
What about my kids?
Are they ok?
Where is that #&% gun?!!
Doesn't matter anyways because it's not loaded and I have no idea how to use it!
Should I scream?"
These were my streams of consciousness for the first couple of seconds until I saw a little head walking towards my bedside. I realized it was Naomi and she was ready to play. She had just started opening doors, but she has never done it in the pitch black of night before, so I was really not expecting her. I thought for sure my life was over and that there would be no way I could protect my kids!
So relief quickly set in and I picked her up, put her in bed with me and went back to sleep. It took me a little while to calm back down after that rush of pure terror, but it happened. I just hope Naomi doesn't get used to sleeping in my bed, but I have to say it was nice to have the company!




6 comments:
okay, I'm rolling right now at this story! It's so classic and exactly my thoughts when things like this happen. If I weren't waking up 10 times a night with Ellie I would crash on your couch to keep you company girl! Maybe Disneyland this week with everyone? Let's do it!
... the same thing happened to me one night, but Gavin was sleep walking. Scared the freaking pee out of me! And this picture of Naomi is perfection. She is such a beauty
haha....oh my. i get scared too when the husband is away.
glad it was just Naomi coming to sleep with you!
Beautiful picture!
You know I feel your pain, right? What's with these guys and their traveling?! Hopefully not for too long.. in the meantime, hang in there!
i am in LOVE with this! it sounds exactly like my life. xo
Post a Comment