3.11.2009

Free at last!

Yesterday we said goodbye to the purple cast. Poor Naomi hates the x-rays and that horrible loud drill that removes the cast.  She just screams through it and it is hard to sit back and watch when all you want to do is grab her and run out!  

Naomi adjusted so well to this awful experience, better than I did! It will be nice to go back to normal life.  Going back to wearing clothes other than dresses and sweats, being able to wear both shoes. I am pretty sure that Naomi thought she would be wearing one shoe the rest of her life. She still does not refer to shoes in the plural sense. Just shoe! Naomi had been walking so long with her leg bent at the knee and ankle, I can only imagine how weird  it must feel for her to finally be able to straighten it out. She still favors the other leg and is very apprehensive about putting her full weight on it. I hope she takes her time, for her sake and mine! The Dr. doesn't want her being very active for at least another week, two is possible.  Right.....we will do our best.  I do not want her fragile leg to brake again, so I guess avoiding large toys, parks etc. for a little longer is do-able. It is such a relief to have this behind her!

iphone picture of her leg before x-rays

gripping her sucker and treat pouch for dear life

wearing both shoes

Time to make her favorite breakfast for her....the breakfast burrito.  

Hope your day is a joyous one.

7 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Oh good! I'm so glad she finally is free! Good luck keeping her low key for a week! She's such a cutie!

Brittany said...

I am glad it is finally off. That must have been so hard. I can't even imagine what we have coming our way. See ya tonight.

Claudia Luckey said...

awwwwww... what a good sport

Grandma Pat said...

YAHOO!!! She is finally free as a bird. I'm so glad the cast is gone and maybe things can be semi normal before baby make an apperance. Hang in there Chrissy the end is in sight. See yaou guys soon.

Gentry Fam said...

Hurray for Naomi. That is great. What a trooper! PArker got his off too.

Katie said...

Poor darling little dear one!

secristlife said...

What a precious little angel she is! And we too are anxious for little boy Hansen to make his grand appearance! Good luck:)