This last week was spent running around the island of Oahu with my dad's side of the family, cousins, aunts, uncles. Too bad some people weren't able to come this year (the Cowans because Katie is too prego, The Mullens because Jenn just delivered a brand new baby boy, the Doug & Jayme Rasmussen fam and the cousins on missions). You all were missed greatly!
We arose bright and early Monday morning to catch an 8 a.m. flight out of L.A.X. Naomi was great on the plane thanks to Elmo DVDs. Tuesday morning we started out the week with Naomi splitting her tongue open on the coffee table. She bled for a couple days afterwards, which was so sad. Luckily, she is such a happy baby, she didn't let that ruin her vacation (or mine for that matter). We had a blast exploring this amazing paradise called Oahu. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Ras for the fun vacation!

The Jellyfish beach. There were hundreds of little blue and clear ones washing up on shore. Some of the cousins were victims of it's long tentacles.

Thursday had to be the hottest day of all and we spent it sweating it out at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Brandon and Max being silly.

Naomi's tongue. If you click on it, you can see it pretty good. I wish I got a picture before it healed so much. It was crazy! Poor thing.




















16 comments:
Poor Naomi's tongue! I love the picture of her watching the hula dancers. Gorgeous!
Can't believe she's still smiling while showing her tongue. Sad! Looks like you had a blast... who wouldn't?! And yeah for N's walking!!
man that looks like fun! I totally did a double take on that first picture though. the guy in the ocean with the blue and yellow shorts looks exactly like my dad. Weird.
can i have your email address. . so i can invite you to read my blog because i'm making it prviate.
Oh how I LOVE Oahu!!! Poor little Naomi's tongue! I guess I have never seen a tongue injury before?! ha... Looked like so much fun.. Naomi has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen!! WOW :)
How fun!!!! I lived there for 4 years and it looks like packed in one trip what it took me to do in 4:) Poor Naomi and her tongue- it was a gnarly cut! Well, now that you're back we'll have to figure out a time to finally see each other!
I am so jealous! Poor Naomi's tongue ouch! I am glad you guys had fun we'll have to get together now that your back in town!
It looks like you guys had a fun time. I wanna go soon. You look great and I can't believe how big Naomi is getting so big. Well congrats for you --- how far a long are you-- what's your due date?
WOW Camille looks so grown-up! And Naomi is just a doll. What a fun trip you all had. I love the Rasmussen family :)
do you curl naomi's lashes?? check those ladies out! she is such a pretty baby.
and ... what about your comment on my blog??? i'm calling you!
looks like such a FUN trip! i can't believe your poor baby's tongue. daphne rubbed pepper in her eyes when we were on vaca. nice huh?
OUCH! Her tongue looks painful. Good thing kids heal and forget quickly. Us moms, not so much.
Naomi is beautiful!!!!! And her poor little tongue. You guys make cute babies...... start working on #2;)
Poor girl, but what a trooper. Hawaii is amazing, so nice you got to go with family and take Naomi along.
hey chrissy! i need a haircut--i hear you do hair?! email me when you get a second at amandaeearnest@gmail.com! thank you TONS!
looks like you had a blast...cool pics..i've never been to Hawaii! looks like paradise for real!
Post a Comment