
Yesterday I helped Naomi pick out her big girl potty.
Then we picked out some big girl undies, Dora and Little Mermaid to be exact.
Then we picked out a stool.
When we got home, Naomi was so excited to try this new potty routine.
She had to try on EVERY undie in the package.
Then she wanted to carry around the potty for a few minutes.
When she had enough, I showed her what it was for.
She sat down on the potty and within 1 minute, she went potty!
I don't expect it will be this easy, but it was just a trial run.
So the diaper went back on so that I could tend to needy Little G.
Officially we start training Tuesday after play group!
I think she is ready.
Updates to follow!
Any and all potty training advice would be appreciated friends.




8 comments:
Yeah, that will be so nice for you to have her potty trained. So cute how excited she was.
This will be such a great picture to bring out when she starts dating....hahah! She's too cute for words.
Yay! You'll be so happy once it's done. One word of advice- ditch the pull-ups. Put her in undies all the time. Pull ups are just a crutch. We used them with Stila and she wore them at night for a year. We didn't use them at all with Alexa and were done potty training (even at night) within a few weeks.
i'm with jodie. don't use pull-ups.
the first few days with daphne were soooooo tiring. we went to the potty every 20 minutes. but seriously, she caught right on. in less then a week we were finished! she still needs help getting her clothes back on, she takes her underwear and pants all the way off! but i'd rather help with that then change diapers, ya know?
my only other advice - be patient!:)
We bought undies for Piper today too! She cannot understand why she can't wear them over her diaper. She has no interest in the potty part of it. she just wants a new accessory. And whenever we discuss the potty she gets the most disgusted look on her face, like she is thinking "There is no way I am doing that!" I don't know what to do with the girl.
Hooray! That trying on the panties thing is the cutest thing ever!!
we are in the same boat... think i will read all your comments for some tips too!
go naomi!
With our little girl, I spent the first couple days at home, gave her a ton to drink, and put her in only shirt and undies. She had to go at least twice every hour because she was drinking so much, but doing it helps them get the process down, muscle memory.
And I agree too, no pull-ups. Although we do use them at night for awhile. That's good she's excited about it, that helps too. Good luck!
Post a Comment