3.26.2007

2 weeks????


I am really excited for the baby to come already! The doctor told me today that I am 20% effaced, whatever that means. He also said that her head is down there and ready to come out, so I am excited! I am open for all suggestions on packing my hospital bag too! I figured the more prepared I am, the better! I am now officially done with work, so I have time to finish up last minute preparations. I welcome any and all advice from all you mothers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll help you pack your bag on Wednesday. Other than the basic going home outfit, camera, toiletries, pack some healthy snacks. The hospital food will be less that delish and you are going to need energy and vitamins to feed that baby. Pack, granola bars and dried fruit and nuts. After you give birth you will be starving!

Brittany said...

Dont forget about the ace bandage or something really tight to go around your belly. I will talk you you soon and please keep me posted. I will be around friday so I will give you a call!

nicole said...

I can not believe it is two weeks away. I can't wait to hear every detail!

Anonymous said...

I was going to say to pack some snacks and drinks too! And all your bathroom stuff and a blanket and pillow for Luke. The hospital stuff just feels gross. My only other suggestions would be to go out with Luke and go to movies, dinners, anything, to get it out of your system for a little bit, and lastly RELAX. Be lazy, who cares.

The Collins said...

Snacks is a great thing to bring, cause none of the menu options sound good. I would have your husband or someone get you food from somewhere you like cause there food is not good. I was going to tell you to get some really yummy, good smelling body wash and lotion. Let me tell you after having a baby I couldnt wait to have a shower, so it helps to have some really good shower gel, etc. To get you all fresh and clean. I would highly recomend it. dont forget your camera and video camera or make sure everything is charged up!! That is a must, but you already new that. Hope all goes well! I am so excited for you!! IT is such a surreal time when you are in the hospital. I felt like I was dreaming for the first few days that I had my little guy.

kristy said...

Chrissy, I cannot believe it's 2 weeks away!!! I'm glad you are off work! Do everything you can and want to do, because you will be home for a while... Pack your makeup, it's vain I know, but it's makes you feel better when you can put it on and feel like a woman again! Oh, and get your hair cut/colored right before your due date. I did that and was so glad because it was months before I could go again. I can't wait to see Naomi!! She will be beautiful. love ya lots.

Jessica Kettle said...

Bring a decent looking robe to throw on over your hospital gown (or pajamas). I didn't since I obviously didn't have my bags packed before hand, and I felt pretty dumb when ward members or our BISHOP came to visit. I also wish I would have written in my journal or blogged about the birth, my baby, and how I felt about everything right away. It's such an amazing experience and you don't want to forget any of the sweet details!

Claudia Luckey said...

a lot of people told me to bring lip balm, pain reliever for your husband?? socks

The Collins said...

Chrissy, I had no idea you lived in Ladera Ranch. We lived there for a year in those apartments up on the hill across from antonio. We moved to oceanside like 6 months ago from there to buy a house. I love ladera ranch so much!! I was wondering if you knew Raphel Harris?She has a little boy named emmitt. She is my really good friend, she is in the Ladera ward so I am guessing you may know who she is. But I am up there all the time still so I will have to stop by next time I am there.

Charlotte Erickson said...

Don't worry if you cry a bit afterward....it is good to get it out (I cried a lot for just the pure joy of being happy that is) and I hope you have been practicing those Kegel's! :) jk What I really hope is that you can relax and enjoy the whole experience. It feels so good to have the epidural and have the nurses move your legs for you. Tell Luke not to look...Adam regretted that one for a while. :).....Adam says "Hi" and we are looking forward to seeing some pictures of little Naomie.