4.12.2012

Mermaid birthday girl

I always tease Luke about being a weakling when it comes to his kids, especially his baby girl Naomi. Truth is, she has us all wrapped around her little innocent finger. I wasn't planning on doing a party for her this year. I told her we were going to get a few friends (and a few bottles of hand sanitizer) and head to Chuck e Cheese. But alas, she spoke of a glorious Ariel mermaid birthday to be, and so it was.
Such a girly girl. Everything princess, and everything beautiful.
Sorry boys, I don't know if there will ever be a birthday party boy-ish enough for you to want to join!

I saw the pearl sixlets candy at the party store and just had to.


Shout out to Jodie Williams for making the adorable ombre cake!



Do they resemble jelly fish...? Because that was the goal.

Each girl came in and got their shell necklace to wear,

Also some white shells to decorate with glitter glue,

and then they also made headbands and bracelets with twine, flowers and shells

the finished products...


Cute girls...

Sweet birthday girl, loving her cake!




The boys staying out of trouble..ok, maybe just Reese

Thanks to my sister Katie for coming and helping with the kids so I could get ready for the party!


Naomi,
I hope you had a fabulous birthday. I can't believe you are 5 years old. You make me laugh out loud everyday with a new hilarious Naomi-ism. You are the best big sister. Both of your brothers love you. Grant tells me every day that he loves you and that you are his best friend. You are in a constant state of pretend play. You recently have gotten Grant into this as well. He normally plays the Prince or some evil dragon. You are almost always the Princess or Smurfette. You love meeting friends. You talk to every kid at the park. You can pretty much talk anyone and everyone's ears off. You are friendly, outgoing and very loving. One of your recent quotes is, "Mom, you know who I love? I love every person on the whole earf".
No surprise there.
I thank Heavenly Father for you in my life everyday.
Love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a blessing she is! I love doing birthday parties for my kids! I'm already planning Kelsey's party and her birthday is months away! Great job mama!

tothe4thfloor said...

Super cute party! How do you do it all? 3 kids and a magnificent detailed party? Super mom! What a beautiful birthday girl and we sure miss seeing you guys!