7.27.2010

I belong in northern cal

Every time I go I ask myself why I don't call it HOME. I love the cooler weather, the green hills, the shopping and the most AMAZING food anywhere. You all know that I am a food-e.

Plus, did you know I was born there? I was bred a so cal girl, but born a nor cal girl.
My parents were living in Walnut Creek while my dad was attending UC Berkeley for law school. Then I was born! I believe we have had a special connection ever since.

So when my friend Megan recently relocated to Walnut Creek, I knew I would visit her on a regular. I just didn't realize that Luke had called her and arranged a weekend without me knowing (big brownie points to Luke). Poor Megan had only been there for a week or so when she let me bombard her life and tire her out for a weekend.

As if I didn't owe her enough for putting up with me for 3 days, M had to take it to another level because that is just how she is:

Thoughtful, loving and welcoming.

awaiting my arrival was this amazing goodie basket
(I just thought this warranted a fancy description)

tartine
aka heaven on earth
i will forever dream about the banana cream tart and the berry bread pudding
i pretty much was in a sugar coma all weekend

loving the beautiful neighborhoods
the detailing on the buildings are exquisite

dynamo donuts in the mission district
on the quest for the maple bacon donut
they gave their last one to the couple in front of us from Wisconsin
jerks

so we had chocolate spice donuts instead, which were divine
and spicy

The Peasant and The Pear in Danville
we ate amazing lamb shank with polenta
lamb kabobs and risotto
a brie and pear quesadilla with a pear chutney that started it all off right

crepevine
sunday brunch we headed to the peninsula to a town called Burlingame
where the devouring of the most amazing crepes in the world happened
get the Jamaican crepe if you are near a crepevine location
it will be in your top 3 eating experiences of your life!

getting to shop sutter and fillmore streets and eating all this amazing food was a blast
but it made it all that much better to spend time with these girls as I did it!

I got to bond with cute Elle Bell
a girl and her accessories,
of course we are going to have a special bond

I pretty much loved this weekend

6 comments:

melis said...

Nor Cal would be lucky to have you. I cannot believe that you were at the Peasant and the Pear last week! We were there Thursday- wish we could have crossed paths! Next time you are in Danville- drop me a line. I would love to catch up.

xoxo

Audrey Crisp said...

That's awesome. I love Nor Cal as well. I love SAn Fran. It looks like you had a delicious time! How sweet of Luke!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that Elle and I miss you so much. We are still coming down from the food sweats but we would have had it no other way. Come back!!!! Loves.

molly said...

Chrissy that trip sounds like you hit all the best things in the Bay Area, except for Oakland! Haha, that is where I work and live pretty close to. How nice of Luke to surprise you with that trip.

brittany said...

I had no idea you were born there and dad went to Cal....we move there in just over a week....to berkeley for b-school. Your post is getting me psyched! It's been 2 years since we lived in Danville- and I cannot wait to enjoy the bay area again!

Belen said...

Looks like an incredible weekend! I miss SF and have been wanting to go back. So happy you got to have a "you" weekend.

xoxo