12.05.2010

You will be missed


My Grandpa Rasmussen passed this last Friday at home surrounded by his wife and 6 kids. My sisters and I were able to share one last Christmas song with him while visiting on Wednesday. Jingle Bells will always have a different and special meaning to me from now on. It seemed extra special considering all the fond Christmas memories I have had in years passed with him. The Rasmussen Christmas Eve party has always been one of my favorite things about Christmas time.

A funny story I always think back on and laugh is when we were all in Hawaii and the boys went golfing. Doug jr. got some extra gloves from Grandpa and he quoted Dumb & Dumber. Grandpa was so confused and shocked, he had no idea why Doug would want to kill him! Lucky he quickly realized how funny and perfect that quote was:

"Extra gloves? You've had...this pair...of extra gloves...this whole time?? I'm going to kill you Lloyd!"


Grandpa was a generous, smart and a service oriented person who loved the gospel. Someone to strive to be like in many ways. But most of all, he loved his family. He was proud of us and wanted the best for us. We knew he loved us and always will.

Until we meet again Grandpa.

Some great tributes:

2 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

Sorry to
Hear this! Great tribute post!

Gentry Fam said...

oh I still laugh so hard at that story.